In November 1012 Roding Primary School received a call from the Netcom internal sales team regarding a promotion of the Ruckus wireless product range. On succession of this call it was noted that Roding Primary was looking for a full site wireless system. The enquiry was passed to our sales manager and a pre-sales consultation meeting was arranged and booked for that same week.
Roding Primary School needed a wireless system within the school to accommodate the devices they were looking to purchase in the near future. The school instructed Netcom to provide a solution that would provide maximum coverage at maximum strength throughout all of the specified areas. The solution provided would need to give 100% site coverage for any wireless devices to future proof the school for any additional wireless devices they purchase such as apple iPad products.
Roding Primary School was looking for a company who could take care of the entire project including design, product supply, installation and ongoing support.
The full requirements were:
- 1 x Ruckus 3050 Zone Director licensed to 50 APs
- 50 x Ruckus Access points
- 5yr Ruckus watchdog premium support
- Associated patch cables and trunking to allow for the installation to be completed
- Installation and configuration labour
- ½ training on site for ICT staff
- 1 year Netcom on site 4 hour SLA
Remote Data Cabinets:
Once Ruckus Wireless was chosen as the preferred technology Netcom performed a wireless site survey to determine signal strength and the coverage of Ruckus APs. After the initial site survey, subsequent site surveys were not required due to the ability for Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi APs to continually perform best path selection for Wi-Fi signals to every associated client. With the ZoneFlex system, Roding Primary School were now able to manage and control access points on a single Web-based management console.
The School were impressed by the price and performance ratio of the Ruckus ZoneFlex kit given the complete coverage they needed.
Benefits of Ruckus:
- Reliable Wi-Fi access
- One-half the number of APs that would have been required by any comparable Wi-Fi system
- Differentiated user access
- Simple administration of guest passes
- Automatic wireless configuration of security on user laptops
- Seamless roaming between APs
- Automatic interference avoidance